Captin's dinner on the crusie!

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Time for growing




It's been a while folks. We bought and moved into our second house that we actually own! We love it and the dogs a super happy. Funny thing about us getting out of the previous, inexpencive but TINY place, it's been better for Brandon and our marriage. Strange? Not for this quirky family. We love our space...not a 850sqr ft newleywed place. I guess after 7.5 years, it's to be expected! Non the less we are so greatful that God helped us get such a wonderful home with the wonderful price tag to match! This is a great benifit to us because of the VA loans for us military! We have been busy painting and just finished up the wood-work in the dining room. Brandon is so tallented and handy to have around! I used to get annoyed with all the power tools, but NOW I can see why he has them...to do things like this!

Now on to what's going on with me. I am working part time at the bank, I have 3 vocal students with more on the way, and I started this Scentsy business...I am tired but excited to see God moving in my life! I have wanted to work for myself for as long as I can remember. I have taken piano and voice from women who had their own businesses and I liked that. So that longing that was placed in my heart to teach kids/young adults private lessons (beg. piano and voice) has always been there but NOW I feel as if God is showing me that it is time to step out of the comfort of a steady paycheck and HE is bringing me students by word of mouth. I feel God bringing me through the things we went through last year has all led to this moment in time. Brandon has been more supportive than ever. That's new, not that he wasn't supportive but now he tells people about my Scentsy and private lessons and has given out my cards! He's so sweet. The waiting was the hard part of all of this. The military has been such a blessing for us...strange to hear as well as type it but it's true. I see God using all of this for our good and His glory!

Brandon just got promoted as well and well that's another blessing! It just reminds me of Romans 8:28 "all things work together for good for those who love God." Even military life. I believe this whole heartedly even with a 6 month deployment just around the corner from us! (He leaves in mid-May) God is so good and faithful and just wanted to share.

1 comment: