Captin's dinner on the crusie!

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Pre- Deployment

Hello fellow bloggers. It's been a while and yet it's now closer to my first military deployment. I have to say that I am an ignorance is bliss kind of gal. Weird...maybe, but I am known for being so overly emotional, it must be a way for my mind to deal with it. But we had our first pre-deployment meeting and now it's staring to hit me. All the emotions but I am trying to be cool for my husband. He wants me to be strong and I SO WANT to be the same! I can handle this but it is going to rock my boat a bit. Bob Marley song there...ha ha!
But amongts the wondering what to do or buy for my man who's going to be playing in the sand for 6 months, we are going on our FIRST CRUISE! Now, this may not be a big deal to you...but I have been trying so hard to talk B into going on a cruise for 7 years with no avail. And of course, he makes a new friend at the squadron, who happen to be seasoned cruisers, and now...we are going on a trip with this couple and another couple that are in the squadron! Thankyou Greg! ;-0 I AM SUPER Excited! WE leave out of Miami, never been there, go to Cozemel, Mexico, then Beliz, then Rotan (both in South America!) then lastly Grand CAymon Island! That's right folks...7 days!! Did I say how excited I am???? So I am focusing on that!!
You know, I know I am going to be fine. It's just the unknown that is uneasy. I have ventured into the home business market and I LOVE IT. I am being blessed with my sales too. SCENTSY is where it's at people...side plug (website www.jencollins.scentsy.us) Wickless and flamless. Ok, I will stop it! But I love them. FYI. So, I am praying about another hookup from the hubby, his highschool choir director. He spoke to her about me and my voice lessons. I am charging a resonable price and she wants me to put a flyer up in her choir room and she knows a few that would jump on! I have 3 part-time jobs and I need to give one up and I know what I want it to be, but I want to do it the right way and in the right timing...so if anyone feels so inclined to pray with me on this. As well as one more thing...I know, I know, shut up already. But I have a lot on my mind...we want to start a family. We know that time is running out for this year, but it's somthing that has been weighing heavy on my heart. This desire to be a mother to a child which would be a mix of Brandon and myself...I got to see this creation! God knows what all the mechanics are, but it's somthing that I don't want to make me sad or depressed. Just pray folks, if you so feel inclined. Psalm 37:4 "Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart." God is good and His timing is perfect.
THanks for reading from my heart! Just Jen learing how to be a great Navy wife!
Over and out...
Till next time!

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you, friend. I have a good friend who has 2 little ones, and her hubs just got back from a 1 year deployment to Afghanistan. You will make it through! And, God knows all the desires of your heart, and will bring you a child in his perfect timing. Love you!

    ReplyDelete